Updated: May 9
This protein packed, fast and simple to make chilli can be cooked in a pan on the hob, in the oven or in the InstantPot! Showcasing butternut squash, black beans and all your favourite smokey spices.
- One butternut squash, cubed
- One tin of black beans drained
- One tin of red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- One red onion diced
- One red pepper diced
- Chestnut Mushrooms chopped
- Four garlic cloves crushed
- One red bird eye chilli chopped
- One tsp Arabol chilli flakes
- One tsp Chipotle chilli flakes
- Two tbsp smoked paprika
- One tbsp cumin powder
- One tsp coriander powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- One tsp dried oregano
- Two tins chopped tomatoes
- Two tbsp tomato purée
- One small piece vegan dark chocolate
- Small bunch chopped fresh coriander
Diced the onion and sauté in a frying pan over medium heat. If you are admitting oil add a little water at this point to stop the onion from sticking to the pan.
Add the garlic and sauté until softened.
Add the peppers, mushrooms, butternut squash, chilli and spices and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add a small line of water to bind the ingredients.
Add the black beans, kidney beans and all of the powdered spices.
Add a little water, the tins of chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and simmer over a medium to high heat until reduced for approximately 20 minutes.
Add the tomato purée, dark chocolate and cook for a further five minutes.
When you have achieved your desired consistency stir in the fresh coriander and serve with whole-grain rice, tortilla chips and vegan sour cream.
Please like, share, and leave your comments if you enjoyed this dish!